OverviewThere are two save options that apply to searching and reporting:
- Save the search template: This will allow you to run the search easily in the future without having to identify and re-apply all the filters from scratch. (Remember, your result might change each time you run a search. To download a static report, use the export function explained in the Exporting Search Results & Reports article.) Saving a search template will also allow you to then save the output template.
- Save the output template: This will allow you to preset what columns, groups, and sorting setting appear in future reports. Output templates may also be saved separately by skipping to step 4, below.
Saving Search and Output Templates
- Navigate to a search form and enter all desired search criteria. (Refer to the steps within Creating a Job Search, Creating a Person Search, or Creating a Recruiting Workflow Search articles for example criteria and the steps to add this criteria for three of the most popular types of searches.)
- To save this search as a template, select the Save Search Template icon (floppy disk) to the top right of the Job Search: Filters section.
- Enter an applicable search template name, a description (optional), and select the appropriate check boxes to choose which user groups can use and/or edit your template (optional). Then click the Continue to Output button.
- To save the output template, enter an applicable output template name and select the appropriate check boxes to choose whether to use this as your default saved output and choose whether to share this template globally and/or allow others edit your template (optional). Then, click the Save button.
- Once saved, a Search or Output Template may be overwritten by making any desired updates to the search form, then selecting the Save Search Template icon beside the desired search form section and selecting the Overwrite Existing Template option. Make sure that the correct template displays in the Template dropdown, then make any desired changes and click Save. (This will allow users with appropriate permissions to overwrite provided Outputs as well.)
- Saved reports may also be pinned to and then accessed from the Dashboard. See the Introduction to the Dashboard article for an introduction to working with the Dashboard.
Searching & Reporting Introductory CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for searching and reporting includes the following articles and videos. The following icons denote each type of resource:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar
- iCIMS225: Basic Reporting: Job & Person Searching
- Introduction to Searching & Reporting
- Creating a Job Search
- Introduction to Searching & Reporting: Filters & Subgroups
- Saving Search & Output Templates (this article)
- Exporting Search Results & Reports
- Common Searches & Reports
- iCIMS250: Reporting Next Steps: Recruiting Workflow Searching