The menu bar is found at the top of each Platform screen. The items on your menu bar will vary according to your permissions and your company’s configuration, so not all users will have access to all items described below. The appearance of the menu bar will also change slightly depending on the user's browser window size, as described in the following two sections. The menu bar shown throughout this guide belongs to a user admin whose company has purchased iCIMS Connect, iCIMS Recruit, and iCIMS Onboard.
Standard Screen Menu Bar
To the far left of the menu bar, an iCIMS logo, your company’s logo, or a home icon will be displayed; clicking this logo or icon will always bring users back to their Dashboard.
The Metrics Dashboard icon will display beside the logo or home icon. Click this icon to access your Metrics Dashboard, which includes key metrics for each of your company’s products, including Connect, Recruit, Onboard, and more.
For more information about Metrics Dashboards, please see Introduction to the Dashboard.
Several action-based menu items are available to the right of the Metrics Dashboard icon. Click one of these menu items to view a dropdown of options.
- If you are looking to create profiles (including Person, Job, Location, Talent Pool, and New Hire Category Profiles), import a person, or import resumes by email, select the Create menu. Then, select an item from the submenu.
- If you would like to conduct a search, select the Search menu. Then, select a search type from the submenu, such as Person or Recruiting Workflow.
- If you need to report on your company’s sourcing, recruiting, and onboarding, or to create Dashboards that display these reports, click Report. Then, select an item from the submenu.
- If you need to communicate with candidates or colleagues, click the Communicate menu. Then, select an action from the submenu, such as Compose Email, Schedule Appointment, or Create Task.
- To view your libraries, including Job, Task, File, and Screening Question libraries, click the Library menu. Then, select a library from the submenu.
- To access any additional links your company’s administrator may have set up for you, access the Other menu.
- To perform administrative tasks, such as managing users and configuring the Platform, user admins can access the Admin menu. Then, select an item from the submenu.
The Quick Search sits to the right of the menu items described above. Use the Quick Search to easily find any existing Person, Job, Location, New Hire Category, or Talent Pool in the system. Once you have typed two letters of your search, the Platform will auto-suggest up to ten results. You can then select one of the top ten results or click View More Results to view more.
The User Options menu can be accessed from the far right of the menu bar. This allows users to edit their personal preferences, get help, or log out of the system. (A user admin who is logged in as another user can also return to their own account from this menu.)
Small Screen Menu BarTo better adapt to Platform users’ browser window sizes, iCIMS offers a modified menu bar display for users accessing the system via a narrow browser window. The key differences are described below:
- Menu options (e.g., Create, Search, etc.) will be condensed into a dropdown rather than appearing in a menu bar. These options can be expanded by clicking the Menu icon indicated below. Clicking outside of the menu, or clicking the Exit (X) icon, will hide the options again.
- The Quick Search box will not appear unless a user clicks the Search icon on the menu bar; when the user clicks this icon, the Quick Search box will expand to take up the entire menu bar. Clicking outside of the Quick Search box will hide it again.
- The Quick Links menu can be launched by clicking the Quick Links icon indicated below. (It cannot be accessed by hovering over the left edge of the screen by users on iPads or users with narrow screens.) Clicking the Exit (X) icon will hide the Quick Links menu again.