OverviewThis article describes a number of areas on the Career Portal where text or settings can be configured either by a user admin or iCIMS Technical Support team. Because many of these areas are not yet configurable by a user admin, it's often helpful for clients to create a document detailing exactly what text they would like and where. By referencing the sections listed in this article, it may help reduce back-and-forth between an iCIMS customer and iCIMS Technical Support team.
General steps for accessing these settings, as well as depictions of what these settings control on the Portal, can be found below. Please note that this article is not an exhaustive list of all settings that can be configured by user admins or iCIMS Technical Support; rather, it highlights some of the most commonly requested changes.
Some of the Portal Pages that can be updated include the following:
- Introduction Page: Welcomes candidates when they reach the Career Portal. The settings for this page include the page title and text, as well as the job search section title and the default zip radius for job searches using the zip code as a filter.
- Job Listings Page: Allows candidates to search for and view open positions. The settings for this page include the page title and text, as well as the labels for the Sort By text functionality.
- Job Detail Page: Allows candidates to review details for a job and apply to it. The settings for this page include the labels for the Apply Online, Refer a Friend, Social Connect buttons.
- Login Page: Allows new users to create a profile and allows existing users to log into their dashboard. The settings on this page include application options, the order of the login page sections, and labels for items throughout the login page.
- Basic Profile Page: Allows a candidate to submit basic information on a short form to create a profile. The settings for this page include the page title and text, as well as the text for the Submit Profile button.
- Candidate Profile Page: Allows candidates to add additional information to their profiles. The settings for this page include the page title and text, as well as the ability to disable resume parsing or allowing a candidate to skip the resume step.
- Dashboard Page: Allows candidates to update their profiles, apply for jobs, and check the status of jobs they have applied to after they have logged in. The settings for this page include the page title and text, as well as labels for items on the page.
- Past Job Recruiting Workflows Page: Allows candidates to view their past resume submissions. The settings for this page include the page title and text, whether candidates can withdraw applications or not, and labels for items throughout the page.
- Withdraw Confirmation Page: Confirms a candidate’s withdrawal from a job. The settings for this page include the page header and confirmation warning, and the ability to require a note with the withdrawal.
General Steps to Update Career Portal PagesThe steps below describe accessing and updating a Portal Pages setting generally.
- From the menu bar, select System Configuration from the Admin menu.
- Select Recruit from the left navigation menu, and then select Pages (under the Portal heading) from the list of options on the right.
- Select a Career Portal from the User Group dropdown, located above all settings on the page.
- Navigate to section of the page for the Portal page that must be updated.
- Make changes to the text that displays on that Portal page by entering new information into the text fields provided, and then click Save.
- Tip: Each section also has a number of settings available to configure. To find out more about a setting, click on it and review the help text available on the right side of the screen.
- Click Desktop View or Mobile View to see how the Portal looks for candidates on a desktop or mobile device, respectively. (A specific Portal must be selected from the User Group dropdown in order to access these buttons; they will not display when Career Portals is selected.)
- Note: If you continue to make changes while the Portal is open, refresh the Portal to ensure it accurately reflects all changes.
Specific Portal Pages and Common Text/Setting UpdatesThe sections below describe common areas of text or settings that organizations typically want to configure. Each section contains a labelled image of a Career Portal and information about whether a user admin can update a given setting, or whether iCIMS Technial Support is required to make a change. As mentioned above, this information is not comprehensive, but highlights only the most commonly requested changes.
Introduction PageThe Introduction Page is the first page that candidates see when accessing your Career Portal, whether they are coming from your main company career page or through a direct link. The primary function of the Introduction Page is for candidates to begin searching for available jobs, so it is unlikely that a candidate that is coming from a job board or job aggregator will see this page.
- Returning Candidate section: The text & link label within this section can be updated by a user admin in System Configuration. To update, search System Configuration for "Message: Returning Candidate" and "Link: Log back in".
- Welcome section: The header and text within this section can be updated by a user admin in System Configuration. To update, navigate to Recruit > Portal > Pages and modify the Page Title and Page Message settings within the Introduction Page section. An additional sentence can also be added to the end of this section by iCIMS Technical Support; it would display beneath any welcome videos or other messaging added by the user admin.
- Connect With Us! section: If your organization uses iCIMS Connect, this header and messaging can be configured by iCIMS Technical Support team.
- Job Listings section: The title of this section can be modified by a user admin in System Configuration. iCIMS Technical Support team can assist in updating the language in the "Job Listings" section, which typically includes a link to view all open positions, and sometimes includes additional instructions.
Job Listings PageThe candidate reaches the Job Listings Page by searching through the available positions on a Career Portal. On this page, they can continue to refine their search or access the details for a specific job.
- Job Listings section: This section contains the the main page title and instructions. A user admin can provide text here to explain what a candidate is looking at and what they can do from this page. To update, navigate to Recruit > Portals > Pages and modify the Page Title and Page Message settings within the Job Listings Page section.
- "Click Column Header..." text: A candidate can sort the job listings by clicking the column headers on the page. To update this instructional text, search System Configuration for "Label: Sort Text".
- Job Listing Columns: The columns that display on the Job Listings page can be modified by iCIMS Technical Support team. They can also configure the labels and default sort order for those columns.
- Another Search section: The heading ("Use the form to perform another job search") and optional instruction text can be modified by iCIMS Technical Support team.
- Under form/Additional text section: Text can be added to this section by iCIMS Technical Support team. Note that text here also displays below the search form on the Introduction Page.
- Candidate Job Recommendations section: This section is only available for organizations with iCIMS Connect, and requires iCIMS Technical Support team to enable. The header and text can be configured by iCIMS Technical Support team. (For more information about Candidate Job Recommendations, see Candidate Job Recommendations Setup Guide.)
Job Detail PageCandidates arrive on the Job Detail Page after running a search and clicking on a job from the Job Listings Page, or they can arrive here directly from a job board or aggregator that the job was posted to. For example, if the job was posted to an external job board (i.e., not the iCIMS-hosted Career Portal), candidates using that board will most likely first arrive on either the Job Detail Page or the Login Page (shown next). Consequently, it's critical to ensure that candidates have all the information they need on this page.
- Job Title: The job's title is controlled from the Job Profile, within the iCIMS Talent Platform.
- Job Details: This information is referred to by iCIMS as "Postable Fields." Your organization can decide which fields from the Job Profile display in this section and how they are labeled, and then work with iCIMS Technical Support team to make any necessary updates.
- Job Details Header & Information: The title of this section, as well as the fields displayed within it, can be configured by iCIMS Technical Support team. (By default, the Job Profile Overview, Responsibility, and Qualifications sections are displayed.)
- Apply & Email Buttons: The labels for these buttons can be configured by a user admin in System Configuration. To update, search System Configuration for "Link: Apply Online" and "Link: Refer a Friend".
- Page Footer: A text footer can be added to the bottom of the Job Detail Page by iCIMS Technical Support team if desired.
Login/Sign Up PageThe Login/Sign Up Page can be intimidating to incoming candidates, so it's a good idea to explain the application process and provide some detail about how long it should take or what the different options to apply are. Candidates that reach this page may have come from a job search or from the Job Detail Page, or it's possible they have read through the job description on an external job board, which has sent them directly to this step. Consequently, when adding text to this page, it's best practice to account for candidates who might see this page as the first of your iCIMS Career Portal pages.
- Instructions section: This section contains instructions to the candidate for using the options on the page; it can be updated by iCIMS Technical Support team.
- Profile creation section: The header ("New Candidates, please create your profile"), general instructional text, and social account instructional text can all be updated by iCIMS Technical Support team. (The "What is this?" link and accompanying help text can also be modified by iCIMS Technical Support team.)
- Social Network buttons: The available social networks can be configured by iCIMS Technical Support team.
- "Build your profile online" instructions: This line of instructions, which displays between the social network buttons and the "Create with..." buttons, can be configured by a user admin in System Configuration. To configure, search System Configuration for "Message: Build Profile Online".
- "Create with..." buttons: The labels for these buttons can be configured by a user admin in System Configuration. To configure, search System Configuration for "Link: Create Profile with Resume" and "Link: Online Form".
- Tip: The Create with Resume button allows the candidate to upload their resume and pre-fill information into their profile. The Create with Online Form button brings the candidate to the Profile Page, where they can begin filling out fields with or without a resume.
Dashboard PageThe Dashboard Page is the candidate's hub for activity once they've logged in. A candidate arrives at the Dashboard Page after logging in before applying for a position or after creating their profile and completing an application. There are quite a few things that can be configured on this page.
- Welcome section: The page title and messaging can be configured by a user admin in System Configuration. To update, navigate to Recruit > Portals > Pages and modify the Page Title and Page Message settings within the Dashboard Page section.
- General Options section: The title, instructions, and available buttons within the General Options section can all be configured by iCIMS Technical Support team.
- iForms section: The iForm section is optional and can be enabled by iCIMS Technical Support team; it allows a candidate to view all iForm requests made to the candidate or iForms that are always available. (This is often beneficial as it may be easier to drive candidates to log in to your Career Portal rather than to log in to an iForm directly.) The section title and instructions can be configured by iCIMS Technical Support team.
- Other Options section: Other Options is an optional generic section that doesn't have any specific actions built into it. iCIMS Technical Support team can enable the section and configure the title and text.
- Past Job Submittals section:
- The Past Submittals section title can be configured by a user admin in System Configuration. To update, navigate to Recruit > Portals > Pages and modify the Page Title setting within the Dashboard Page section.
- The text "All times are in" can be updated by a user admin in System Configuration. To update, search System Configuration for "Message: Text Before Time Zone Info". (The time zone link is generated automatically and cannot be configured.)
- The columns shown within this section (e.g., Job ID, Job Title, etc.) can be configured by iCIMS Technical Support team.
- The Continue Application and Withdraw buttons can be configured by a user admin in System Configuration. To update, navigate to Recruit > Portals > Pages, scroll down to the Past Job Recruiting Workflows Page section, and modify the appropriate keys, including the label of the buttons, the job statuses for which these buttons shouldn't show, etc.
User Admin CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for user admins is split into four sections: Working in System Configuration, Managing Libraries, Managing Users & Profiles, and Managing Scheduled Reports. It includes videos and articles, with each type of resource denoted by the following icons:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar
Working in System Configuration
- iCIMS400: User Admin Access: System Configuration
- Introduction to System Configuration
- Searching for Fields and Settings
- Configuring the Other Menu on the Platform Menu Bar
- Adding and Editing Profile Tabs
- Adding and Editing Profile Tab Sections
- Adding and Editing Fields
- Reordering Profile Tabs
- Pinning a Tab to the Recruiting Workflow Profile
- Configuring Profile Lists
- Creating and Editing Global Approval Lists
- Editing Career Portal Notifications
- Updating Career Portal Pages (this article)
- Updating General and Mobile Settings for Career Portals
- Creating a New Recruiting Workflow Status
- Setting up Forced Recruiting Workflows
- iCIMS410: User Admin Access: Managing Libraries
Managing Users & Profiles
- iCIMS420: User Admin Access: Managing Users & Profiles