OverviewForced Recruiting Workflow gives users the ability to define the path other users should take when moving candidates through the application process by assigning prerequisite statuses into which a candidate must be placed prior to being moved into one or more specific statuses. (A red warning message will appear below the specific status if a user attempts to move a candidate into a status without first moving the candidate into any prerequisite statuses, and the movement will be prohibited by the system.)
Setting up a Forced Recruiting Workflow
- Click Admin on the menu bar, and then click System Configuration.
- Select Recruit from the left navigation pane, and then select Workflow from list of options to the right.
- Select Edit next to Recruiting Workflow Bins and Statuses.
- Browse the current list of workflow statuses by clicking the black expand icon beside applicable bins.
- Select the appropriate status to modify by clicking the status name.
- On the right side of the window, click [No Selection] (or any applicable status name, if forced statuses have been previously selected) beside Forced Status List to make edits to the forced status list for this status.
- Select the appropriate status(es) from the list, and then click Select.
- Review the updated information beside Forced Status List, which will include the newly-selected items. Click Save to finalize your changes.
- The steps above are for forced recruiting workflow only. To configure a forced onboarding workflow (determining which onboarding status(es) a new hire must be placed into prior to being placed into another onboarding status), access System Configuration, select Onboard from the left navigation pane, and then select Workflow from the list of options to the right. Then, proceed with step 3, above. (Note that some onboarding workflow statuses are automatically moved for new hires as they complete tasks, so enforcing a forced workflow may not be necessary.)
- A single forced recruiting workflow dependency cannot force users to move candidates through statuses in a particular order. In the example above, a candidate must be placed in both Initial Review – Reviewed and Offer – Offer Accepted in order to be placed in Hired: Hired. However, based on just this dependency, the candidate does not need to be placed in Initial Review – Reviewed before being placed in Offer – Offer Accepted. As long as the candidate has been placed in both statuses at some point in the candidate's Recruiting Workflow history for this job, the Platform will allow the candidate to be placed in Hired: Hired. To force users to place the candidate into Initial Review – Reviewed prior to placing them into Offer – Offer Accepted, the user admin should set up forced recruiting workflow for the Offer – Offer Accepted stage to reflect any desired prerequisite statuses following the steps above.
Exceptions to Forced Recruiting Workflow
- Imports: Imports will ignore any forced statuses and place the applicant in the indicated status.
- Initial Submission Status: The initial status that an applicant is placed in (whether via applying on a Career Portal, via vendor submission, or via the Submit to Workflow button) will ignore any forced workflow requirements.
- Recruiting Workflow History Window: This feature is available for user admins by request. The recruiting workflow history window allows users to change the status of an applicant regardless of workflow status dependencies.
User Admin CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for user admins is split into four sections: Working in System Configuration, Managing Libraries, Managing Users & Profiles, and Managing Scheduled Reports. It includes videos and articles, with each type of resource denoted by the following icons:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar
Working in System Configuration
- iCIMS400: User Admin Access: System Configuration
- Introduction to System Configuration
- Searching for Fields and Settings
- Configuring the Other Menu on the Platform Menu Bar
- Adding and Editing Profile Tabs
- Adding and Editing Profile Tab Sections
- Adding and Editing Fields
- Reordering Profile Tabs
- Pinning a Tab to the Recruiting Workflow Profile
- Configuring Profile Lists
- Creating and Editing Global Approval Lists
- Editing Career Portal Notifications
- Updating Portal Pages
- Updating General and Mobile Settings for Career Portals
- Creating a New Recruiting Workflow Status
- Setting up Forced Recruiting Workflows (this article)
- iCIMS410: User Admin Access: Managing Libraries
Managing Users & Profiles
- iCIMS420: User Admin Access: Managing Users & Profiles