The searches and reports identified in the Common Searches & Reports article are the most commonly requested, and include the following report. To learn how to run searches and reports in the iCIMS Talent Platform, refer to the Creating a Job Search article. To learn how to save a report for future use, refer to the Saving Search & Output Templates article.
The two searches below provide insight regarding late onboarding processes:
- Individuals Late on a New Hire Task, a Task Search that provides a list of all individuals who are late in completing any onboarding-related task, whether they are a new hire or an existing employee.
- New Hires Associated with Late Tasks, an Onboarding Workflow Search that provides a list of all new hires who have late onboarding tasks associated with them, whether it is the new hire or an existing employee who is late with the task.
- Leverage a Task Search.
- Select the In-Progress New Hire Tasks search template and update the Task Status filter.
- Group the results by the person to whom the tasks are assigned.
Actions:Menu Path: Go to: Search > Task
- Select In-Progress New Hire Tasks from the Search Template list.
- Update the Task Status filter to IS NOT -- Blank --
- Use the Add Filter button to add Due Date. The selection is Filters > General > Due Date. Select Before Today from the dropdown list.
Tip: This search will produce results for new hires and existing employees who may be assigned a task related to a new hire's onboarding experience.
Should you desire to only see new hires, you may be able to accomplish this by leveraging a Start Date field filter for the Assigned To person (Filters > General > Assigned To > Employee Tab > Start Date) and selecting a correct Start Date timeframe that will exclude any existing employees (e.g., Last to Next Quarter).
If there are specific individuals who frequently are assigned onboarding tasks, you may also use the Assigned To filter (Filters > General > Assigned To > Contact Tab > Full Name: First Last) to remove that individual from search results (i.e., Assigned To IS NOT Conan Fletcher).
Depending on your system configurations, there may be additional ways to achieve your filtering goals for this search.
- Select the NHC: Late on Task search template.
- Add a column showing new hires’ start dates.
Actions:Menu Path: Go to: Search > Onboarding Workflow
Filters: Select NHC: Late on Task from the Search Template list. (Note: This may alternatively be titled New Hires Late on Task, depending on your system configuration.)
Output: Leave all default columns. Use the Add Column button to add Start Date. The selection is Columns > Fields (Workflow) Tab > Person > Employee Tab > Start Date.
- The NHC: Late on Task template produces results that meet the following criteria: There is at least one task that is overdue for that workflow and the workflow is still open.
- The NHC: Late on Process template produces results that meet the following criteria: All tasks on that workflow have had their due date past and the workflow is still open.