OverviewThe iCIMS Talent Platform enables users to save information regarding candidates and other persons (e.g., contacts, employees, and hiring managers), with all relevant information stored within the individual's Person Profile.
A Person Profile may be accessed through a relevant Quick Search or full search, from the linked person name in the Profile Card of an associated candidate's Recruiting Workflow Profile, and/or from a pinned Dashboard or Quick Links search, among other navigation options.
Please note that hiring managers may have restricted access regarding which profiles they may access within the system, and that access to profiles, tabs, and fields may be restricted based upon user group within the system.
Person ProfileThere are four primary types of Person Profiles in the system: Candidate, Contact, Employee, and Hiring Manager. Additional high-level information about each profile type is available below.
CandidateThe iCIMS Talent Platform enables candidates to apply for jobs on their own using Career Portals and also allows recruiters to enter candidate information directly into the Platform. Candidate information is tracked in the Person Profile for users to access now and in the future when running reports. The Resume Tab will display by default when a user first accesses this type of profile.
Note: When working with candidates, users will typically access both the Person Profile and the Recruiting Workflow Profile. The Person Profile contains all information about that candidate, such as contact information and post-hire employee information and tasks. Each candidate should only have one Person Profile. The Recruiting Workflow Profile contains information about that candidate as it relates to a specific job, such as assessments taken during that job’s application process. One candidate can have multiple Recruiting Workflow Profiles, because one is created each time a candidate is associated with a new job. For additional information about Recruiting Workflow Profiles, please refer to the Introduction to the Recruiting Workflow Profile article.
ContactInformation for a non-candidate contact may be stored within the system within a Person Profile. The Contact Tab will display by default when a user first accesses this type of profile. Access to information may be limited depending upon user group permissions.
EmployeeInformation for an employee may be stored within the system within a Person Profile. The Screen Tab will display by default when a user first accesses this type of profile. Access to information may be limited depending upon user group permissions.
Hiring ManagerInformation for a hiring manager may be stored in the system within a Person Profile. The Contact Tab will display by default when a user first accesses this type of profile. Access to information may be limited depending upon user group permissions.
The profile card, located at the top left of each profile, displays basic, relevant information for the specific profile type. On the Person Profile, the profile card features the person's profile picture (or an initials icon, in the absence of a profile picture), and the following information will display, if provided. The profile card also houses basic actions, such as Share and Print, in the upper right corner.
- System ID (if enabled)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Middle Name (first initial)
- Current Job Title
- This value will reflect the Title field of the candidate's most recent job, as listed on the Experience Tab, or the Job Title field listed on the Employee Tab if the person is a current employee.
- The highlight color varies depending on the type of Person Profile: Candidate (tan), Contact or Employee (gray), or Hiring Manager (blue).
- Primary Address: City, State/Province, Country
- Primary Phone
- Tip: Clicking the email address in the Profile Card from the Person Profile will launch a Compose Email window with no default job association.
- The information denoted above is pulled from the corresponding field on the Person Profile Contact Tab (or other tab if denoted) and must be edited in the Contact Tab (or other denoted tab). Information cannot be edited directly from the profile card itself.
- The profile picture can be turned off by a user admin marking the Profile Picture field as hidden on the Person Profile in System Configuration.
Each Person Profile has different factoids depending on whether the profile is for a Candidate, Contact, Employee, or Hiring Manager. Clicking on a factoid brings the user to the tab that houses the referenced information on the Person Profile.
- Professional Experience in Years: determined by totaling the End Date – Start Date for all entries within the Professional Experience Collection Field
- Note that this factoid rounds anything equal to or greater than 6 months up to a year, and anything less than 6 months to 0 years.
- Submissions: the total number of jobs that the candidate has applied to
- Source: the value entered in the candidate's Source field
- Created Person: the name of the person who created the contact's profile
- Last Updated Date: the date the profile was last updated
- Current Job Title: the title entered into the Job Title field
- Manager: the person indicated in the Manager field on the employee's profile
- Jobs: the number of jobs assigned to the hiring manager
- Days to Fill: the average time-to-fill for the hiring manager's jobs
- Latest Open Job: the name of the most recent requisition that the hiring manager was assigned to
- If a factoid contains a truncated value, hovering over the factoid will display the value in full.
- The ability to view a factoid (and sometimes a factoid's clickability) is based on a user group's permissions to view the information that the factoid displays. For more specific details on factoids, see 16.4 Release Notes: User Interface (UI) Enhancements.
- User admins have the ability to configure factoids to align with their organization's preferences. For steps on creating and editing factoids, see Creating and Editing Profile Factoids.
Recent Activity FeedBelow the factoids, the Recent Activity Feed lists up to five recent updates to the profile (or related to the profile). Users have the option to load more entries by selecting the Load More button. Scrolling further down the Recent Activity Feed will load additional entries until there are no more to show.
By default, the Recent Activity Feed will not be filtered. However, users can select the dropdown above the feed to filter the entries so they can only see one type at a time (e.g. Appointments, Profile Edits, etc.).
For further details on the Recent Activity Feed, including permissions and more examples of the types of activities that are tracked, see16.4 Release Notes: User Interface (UI) Enhancements.
Person Profile TabsThe tabs displayed and names of tabs may vary based on your system configurations.
- Resume: View, edit, or upload a new resume.
- Screen: View the person’s Screening Question responses, as well as additional screening tools such as Assessments, Video Screening, Background Screening, and more, depending on your organization’s current screening processes.
- Candidate Details: View and edit General Information and Source Information.
- Experience: View and edit the person’s experience.
- Contact: View and edit the person’s General Information and Contact Information.
- EEO: View and edit the person’s EEO Information.
- Login: View and edit the person’s Login Information.
- Employee (Employee Only): View and edit employee Work Information, Employment Dates, and Orientation Information.
- Manager (Hiring Manager Only): View and edit hiring manager Work Information, Skills, and Agency Group (if applicable) information.
- Workflows: Display and take action on Talent Pools and Jobs to which a specific person has been associated.
- iForms: View and edit the person’s iForms in the Platform iForm Center.
- Email: View and compose email.
- Notes: View and edit/add notes to the Person Profile.
- Tasks: View and set tasks for the candidate or people associated with the candidate.
- Schedule: Schedule appointments with the candidate.
- Role: View and edit the profile types that have been enabled for the candidate.
- Attachments: View, add, and download attachments that have been associated with the candidate.
- Referrals: View email and social referrals made by the individual.
Tip: Some tab options may display within a More dropdown. Available options are based on the configuration of the system and user access permissions.
iCIMS has created a series of articles to assist iCIMS users in mastering working with candidates within the system.
Working with Candidates
- Creating a New Candidate Manually in the Platform or via Email Import
- Introduction to the Person Profile (this article)
- Socially Ranking a Candidate on a Person or Recruiting Workflow Profile
- Candidate Tagging
- Introduction to the Person Profile: Workflows Tab
- Introduction to the Recruiting Workflow Profile