OverviewThe New Hire Category Profile is a profile designed specifically for iCIMS Onboard. An unlimited number of New Hire Categories can be created to facilitate any onboarding process. New Hire Categories add two distinct advantages to the overall Onboarding process: Suggested Tasks and a Personalized New Hire Experience. This allows clients not only to create and store tasks for use across one or more New Hire Categories, but also to tailor the new hire experience to the employee’s job, department, location, and more.
Each New Hire Category comes with a standard Suggested Tasks Tab. This allows the user to add tasks directly from the Task Library when assigning or associating tasks with any new hire submitted to the workflow, or any New Hire that is currently attached to the category. The Platform user will be presented with these suggested tasks pre-selected when adding tasks via the Onboard Wizard, the New Hire's Onboard Status Tab, or any Onboarding Workflow search. Any Onboarding Workflow task can be associated with a new hire.
Another advantage of segmenting New Hires into Categories is the added ability to personalize the experience on the Portal for the New Hire. The Description Tab on the New Hire Category allows the Platform user to add details specific to that segmented category. All information, pictures, videos that are added to the Welcome field on the Description Tab will display on the Tasks page on the Portal.
By default, the New Hire Category contains the following tabs and important fields. Please note that your experience may differ, due to the configurable nature of the iCIMS Talent Platform.
- People: displays all new hires that are associated with the New Hire Category, grouped by their status (Ready to Onboard, Onboard in Progress, Onboard Complete, No Show).
- Detail: contains general information about the New Hire Category, including the title, external title, folder, and owner.
- Description: contains the New Hire Category description, which displays to new hires in this category on the Onboard Portal.
- Suggested Tasks: displays tasks that have been added to the category. These tasks will be pre-selected when attempting to add tasks to anyone attached to the New Hire Category or anyone that is being submitted to the workflow via the Onboard Wizard.
- iForms: displays any New Hire Category iForms. (For more information about iForms, please see Introduction to iForms.)
- Notes: displays any New Hire Category Notes. (For more information about Notes, please see Introduction to the Notes Tab on a Profile.)
- Reports: displays reports referencing the New Hire Category, including past due reports (new hires last on a process and new hires late on a task) and new hire reports (number of new hires by job title and by status).
- Schedule: displays any appointments associated with the New Hire Category.
iCIMS Onboard CurriculumThe curriculum for iCIMS Onboard includes the following articles and videos. The following icons denote each type of resource:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar
- iCIMS102: Using iCIMS Onboard