OverviewCandidates who have applied to a job can be easily viewed from the Job Profile’s People Tab. This tab offers ways to filter, group, and visualize applicants within the system. The system offers a variety of default grouping options, including by status, by source, by application date, and by distance from job. Each option offers the traditional detailed view as well as new interactive charts for at-a-glance information. When a particular section of a graphical chart is clicked, the system brings the user directly to the candidates who match that criterion within the detailed view.
One or more candidates can be moved through the Recruiting Workflow process at once using the Advance and Reject buttons available at the bottom of this screen.
From this tab, users can also access a candidate’s Recruiting Workflow Profile, which will allow the user to review candidate and job information at once. From the Recruiting Workflow Search Results, the Link icon beside the candidate’s name will launch the relevant Recruiting Workflow Profile.
Using the Job Profile People Tab to Advance or Reject a CandidateTip: To navigate to a Job Profile, run a Job Quick Search or full search for the desired job.
Example: In the following example, a recruiter will identify a desirable candidate based on specific attributes and distance from job. This candidate will be moved from the Submissions: Recruiter Submitted status to the Initial Review: Interview Scheduled status. For the purpose of this example, this status includes an auto-launch action that allows the user to schedule a phone screen interview appointment once the candidate’s status has been changed.
- On the Job Profile People Tab, select the Modify Filters button on the top left of the People Tab (which may display as Filters in smaller windows) and enter any desired filters. Then, click Apply Filter(s).
- To edit the full search form from this popup, click the Advanced Search link at the top right of the screen.
- To clear one search filter, click Clear to the right of the relevant filter. To clear all filters, click Clear All at the bottom of the Modify Filters/Filters (#) popup.
- The number of active filters will display as Modify Filters (#) on the People Tab, replacing the Modify Filters button to indicate that there are active filters.
- Select the By Distance grouping option to further group candidates who meet the previously input criteria by distance from the job. Available candidates will be grouped by distance from job. Click into any section of the chart to view the desired candidates in the detailed view for this sorting option.
Sample image of candidates filtered by distance, displayed in Chart View
- Within the By Distance view, any applicants who cannot be mapped will be shown as Unknown and will display in a “satellite” outside of the bull’s-eye chart. If no applicants can be mapped, a "cannot identify" message will display.
- Other available grouping options include By Status, By Source, and By Application Date. Some clients may also have an additional option, By Workflow, if the default search template had previously been customized for the client.
- For all groupings (except By Workflow), users can choose to view a Detailed or Chart View of the results, allowing them to change the way information about their applicants is displayed. To change the view for a particular grouping, click the dropdown menu beside that option; then, select the desired view. Users can then click into charts as desired to view detailed search results.
- Note that the user’s visualization selection (i.e., Chart View or Detailed View) for each grouping will be remembered by the Platform on a per-user basis.
- Click the 0-10 mi grouping on the chart to view the candidates closest to this job. The Detailed View will display with any relevant candidate(s).
- Check the checkbox to the left of any desired candidate(s). Then, click the Advance button to select the correct status to which the candidate should advance. Click the desired status, if displayed, or click Show More Statuses to review and select a status from the full Advance status list.
- To reject one or more candidates, complete the actions described in step 4 above, but click the Reject button instead.
- The Reject and Advance buttons employ Smart Status, allowing the system to predict the most likely statuses a candidate might enter next based on previous system actions. These recommended statuses display by default and are designated as such with a small star icon.
- Drag and drop functionality is available on this tab, allowing users to drag candidate names to the relevant button, then the desired status, with minimal clicks.
- Important Note: Because taking action via the Reject and Advance buttons does not allow users to change applicants’ folders, an Edit Folder button is available in the More Actions dropdown. Select this button to change an applicant’s folder.
- As an auto-launch action has been configured for the Interview Scheduled status in this example, the user may schedule a phone screen interview appointment once the candidate’s status has been changed. The Calendar Authorization popup may display if your organization has Calendar Availability View enabled. Provide the appropriate credentials and click Log In if this popup displays. Or, click Cancel to continue without logging in to your external calendar.
- The Schedule Interview popup will display with the candidate prepopulated as a required attendee. Modify the start and end times, other attendees, etc., as necessary. Edit text in the Description field to personalize the email sent to the attendees. Click Send to finalize and send the appointment.
- For more information about Scheduling Appointments and the system Calendar, view the information about the Schedule Appointment window within the Creating and Editing Appointments or Interviews article.
- For information on how user admins can set up auto-launch actions, view the Creating a New Recruiting Workflow Status article.
- For more information on the Recruiting Workflow Profile, view the Introduction to the Recruiting Workflow Profile article.
iCIMS has created a series of articles to assist iCIMS users in mastering working with jobs within the system.
Working with Jobs
- Creating a New Job or Requisition
- Introduction to the Job Profile
- Introduction to the Job Profile: Job Detail Tab and Job Creation Process
- Introduction to the Job Profile: Job Description Tab and Job Creation Process
- Posting a Job to Career Portals
- Posting a Job to Third-Party Agencies
- Posting Jobs with Job Board Posting Tools
- Introduction to the Job Profile: People Tab (this article)
- Posting a Job to Social Distribution: Social Distribution: Manually Publishing an Individual Job within Social Distribution
- Posting a Job to an Employee Referral Network: Social Distribution: Requesting Employee Referrals from the iCIMS Talent Platform