OverviewThe iCIMS Talent Platform allows users to track a company's job openings as well as the candidates who apply to the company’s jobs. The fields presented when creating and managing a Job Profile are configurable, so your experience may differ from the screenshots shown below. A red asterisk (*) beside a field indicates that it is required.
The image below shows an example of the job description data that may be entered during the job creation process, typically after initial Job Detail information is entered. (The job creation process is discussed in the Creating a New Job or Requisition article.)
Sample image of fields available during the initial job creation process.
Sample image of a Job Profile Description Tab. The Description Tab displays information entered within the second screen of the job creation process.
- To edit Job Description information after a job has been created, click the Edit button on the Description Tab.
- Each field within the Job Description Tab includes a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor, which supports a number of formatting options and features for users. Users may add images, videos, and other media and links within these fields. Note that the formatting controls available may vary slightly among browsers. Users may paste text from Microsoft Word directly into the textbox (without having to click a Paste From Word button).
- Modifying the font family, size, and color of text in these fields is strongly discouraged, as this formatting will overwrite global font settings for your Career Portal, which may create an undesirable appearance.
Job Description TabOverview: The Overview free-text field typically includes pertinent high-level information about the job and may contain additional relevant information about the team, department, and/or organization.
Responsibilities: The Responsibilities free-text field typically includes specific responsibilities associated with this job opening.
Qualifications: The Qualifications free-text field typically includes the minimum and desired qualifications applicants should have in order to be considered for this role.
iCIMS has created a series of articles to assist iCIMS users in mastering working with jobs within the system.
Working with Jobs
- Creating a New Job or Requisition
- Introduction to the Job Profile
- Introduction to the Job Profile: Job Detail Tab and Job Creation Process
- Introduction to the Job Profile: Job Description Tab and Job Creation Process (this article)
- Posting a Job to Career Portals
- Posting a Job to Third-Party Agencies
- Posting a Job to Social Distribution Social Distribution: Manually Publishing an Individual Job within Social Distribution
- Posting a Job to JobTarget OneClick Job Boards: JobTarget OneClick User Guide: Poster Account
- Posting a Job to an Employee Referral Network: Social Distribution: Requesting Employee Referrals from the iCIMS Talent Platform
- Working with Candidates on a Job Profile People Tab: Introduction to the Job Profile: People Tab