OverviewThe iCIMS Talent Platform allows users to track a company's job openings as well as the candidates who apply to the company’s jobs. The fields presented when creating and managing a Job Profile are configurable, so your experience may differ from the descriptions below. A Job Profile may be accessed through a relevant quick search or full search, from the linked job title in an associated candidate's Person Profile Workflows tab, from the linked job title in an associated candidate's Recruiting Workflow Profile Action Bar, and/or from a pinned Dashboard or Quick Links search, among other navigation options.
The profile card, located in the top left of each profile, displays basic, relevant information for the specific profile type. On the Job Profile, the profile card features a briefcase icon, and the following information will display, if provided. The profile card also houses basic actions, such as Copy, Share, and Print, in the upper right corner.
- Hiring Manager
Note: The information denoted above is pulled from the corresponding field on the Job Profile Detail Tab and must be edited in the Detail Tab. Information cannot be edited directly from the profile card itself.
Each Job Profile has different factoids depending on which folder and status they are currently in; these factoids are listed below, with descriptions where necessary. Clicking on a factoid brings the user to the tab that houses the referenced information on the Job Profile.
- New Candidates: the number of candidates who have applied in the past 24 hours
- Top Source
- Days Open: the number of days the job has been open
- Days to Fill: the number of days the job was open
- Days to Approve: the number of days between the job's created date and the date it was approved
- # Candidates: the total number of candidates for the job
- # Candidates Interviewed: the total number of candidates for the job who were ever in a status with the Interview flag
Pending OR Declined Jobs
- # Pending: the total number of approvals in either Pending or Notified status
- # Started: the number of approvals in the Viewed status
- # Completed: the number of approved, rejected, and skipped approvals
- # Days in Pending Approval
Archived OR Library Template Jobs
- Created By: the name of the person who created the job
- Last Updated Date
- If a factoid contains a truncated value, hovering over the factoid will display the value in full.
- The ability to view a factoid (and sometimes the factoid's clickability) is based on a user group's permissions to view the information that the factoid is displaying. For more specific details on factoids, see 16.4 Release Notes: User Interface (UI) Enhancements.
- User admins have the ability to configure factoids to align with their organization's preferences. For steps on creating and editing factoids, see Creating and Editing Profile Factoids.
Recent Activity FeedBelow the factoids, the Recent Activity Feed lists up to five recent updates to the profile (or related to the profile). Users have the option to load more entries by selecting the Load More button. Scrolling further down the Recent Activity Feed will load additional entries until there are no more to show.
By default, the Recent Activity Feed will not be filtered. However, users can select the dropdown above the feed to filter the entries so they can only see one type at a time (e.g. Appointments, Profile Edits, etc.).
For further details on the Recent Activity Feed, including permissions and more examples of the types of activities that are tracked, see 16.4 Release Notes: User Interface (UI) Enhancements.
Job Profile TabsThe tabs displayed and name of tabs may vary based on your system configurations.
- Advertise: Approved jobs can easily be posted to Career Portals, Agencies, Job Boards, or Social Media from the Advertise Tab. For more information, please refer to the Posting a Job to Career Portals, Posting a Job to Third-Party Agencies, Posting Jobs with Job Board Posting Tools or Social Distribution: Manually Publishing an Individual Job from the iCIMS Talent Platform article.
- Detail: Job detail fields that are populated when the job is created. For more information, please refer to the Introduction to the Job Profile: Job Detail Tab and Job Creation Process article.
- Description: Job description fields that are populated when the job is created. For more information, please refer to the Introduction to the Introduction to the Job Profile: Job Description Tab and Job Creation Process article.
- Questions: Screening Questions are questions that recruiters can ask candidates to determine how well-suited a person is for a job. Screening Questions created in the iCIMS Talent Platform are associated to specific jobs. Once the new job has been created, select the Questions Tab on the Job Profile to begin adding questions. (For more information, please refer to the Introduction to Screening Questions article.)
- Approval: To monitor whether a job has been approved or is still awaiting approval, go to the Approval Tab in the Job Profile and refer to the Status column. For additional information on job approvals, please refer to the Understanding and Initiating the Job Approval Process article.
- People: View or take action on Recruiting Workflow Search results for this job. The People Tab includes all candidates for this job and their associated stage in the workflow.
- Notes: View or add Notes to the Job Profile. For more information, please refer to the Introduction to the Notes Tab on a Profile article.
- Tasks: View Tasks associated with the Job Profile. For more information, please refer to the Introduction to the Tasks Tab on a Profile article.
- Reports: View Reports associated with the Job Profile such as source effectiveness reports and EEO reports. For more information about the searching and reporting tool, please refer to the Introduction to Searching & Reporting article.
- Attachments: View, download, or delete attachments associated with the Job Profile. For more information about attachments, please refer to the Attaching Additional Documents to Profiles article.
iCIMS has created a series of articles to assist iCIMS users in mastering creating and working with jobs within the system.
Working with Jobs
- Creating a New Job or Requisition
- Introduction to the Job Profile (this article)
- Introduction to the Job Profile: Job Detail Tab and Job Creation Process
- Introduction to the Job Profile: Job Description Tab and Job Creation Process
- Posting a Job to Career Portals
- Posting a Job to Third-Party Agencies
- Posting Jobs with Job Board Posting Tools
- Posting a Job to Social Distribution: Social Distribution: Manually Publishing an Individual Job within Social Distribution
- Posting a Job to an Employee Referral Network: Social Distribution: Requesting Employee Referrals from the iCIMS Talent Platform
- Working with Candidates on a Job Profile People Tab: Introduction to the Job Profile: People Tab