The Dashboard is the initial screen that all users view after signing into the iCIMS Talent Platform. The Dashboard allows for quick access to the reports and metrics that users rely on daily. The Dashboard contains configurable Panels that assist with job and candidate management within the Platform. These panels display information within Search Widgets that present data to users using searches that have been previously created and saved within a user’s Platform. Dashboards can be configured globally, per-login group, or by the user for a personalized view.
Users must be given access on a per login group basis to be able to manage or configure their own Dashboard. By default, hiring managers and vendors do not have access to make configurations to their Dashboard. User admins can manage Dashboard configurations for any login group.
This article will introduce the following topics:Navigating the Dashboard
Understanding Panel Types
Accessing and Editing the Quick Links Panel
Accessing the Metrics Dashboards
- Quick Links: The Quick Links menu lists reports based on Search Templates that the user has set up in the system.
- Dashboard Panels: The Dashboard Panels provide a glimpse of key data in the system. Each Panel contains one or more Widgets, which can be reports, charts, or other relevant information.
- Button Panel: Contains icons that link to reports. The Quick Links Panel is one example.
- Text Panel: Contains text, images, or HTML. These panels are useful for distributing messages to all users across the Platform.
- RSS Panel: Displays RSS feeds on the Dashboard and link to external information.
- Search Preview Panel: Displays a preview of search results. Clicking the title of a search preview allows the user to view the underlying search results.
- Factoid Panel: Displays the count of results for a search or report.
- Key Metric Panel: Displays important company data and personal metrics as search result counts or charts.
- Chart Panel: Displays information via configurable graphs and charts. Chart panels allow users to select timeframes, which limit the information displayed in the chart to the past week, month, year, etc. Clicking the title of a chart allows the user to view the underlying search results/report.
- Report Panel: Displays a list of common reports; each report name can be clicked to view the full report.
A Quick Tour of Quick Links.
Pinning the Quick Links Panel to the DashboardThe Quick Links panel contains buttons that link to reports and can be pinned to the left side of a user's Dashboard.
To pin the Quick Links panel for easy access, follow the steps below.
- Hover over the gray left edge of the Platform for approximately one second. The Quick Links Panel will then display.
- Click the Pin to Sidebar (pushpin) icon, located at the top right of the Quick Links Panel. When the panel is pinned, the pushpin points directly left.
- To unpin Quick Links, simply click the Pin from Sidebar (pushpin) icon again.
- Quick Links are accessible even if the panel is not pinned to the screen. Simply hover over the gray left edge of the screen as described in Step 1 above, and then select any desired links.
Adding Items to the Quick Links PanelThe Quick Links Panel contains buttons that act as shortcuts, allowing you to quickly access important searches or reports. (Note: The report or search template must be created and saved separately before it can be referenced by a button in the Quick Links panel.)
To add a new button to the Quick Links Panel, follow these steps:
- If the Quick Links Panel is unpinned for you, hover over the gray left edge of the Platform for approximately one second. The Quick Links Panel will then display. (If the Quick Links Panel is pinned, skip this step and proceed to Step 2.)
- Hover over the Shortcuts header until the Edit, Refresh, and Collapse icons appear. Select the Edit (pencil) icon to manage the Quick Links Panel.
- Tip: The title “Shortcuts” is configurable and may be renamed in your Platform; however, the header’s location will always be as shown above.
- Click the green Create new item (plus sign) icon to add a button to the Quick Links Panel.
- Enter a name for the new button in the Name field.
- Select the desired Button Icon to represent the search or report it links to.
- Select the saved search from the Search Template dropdown menu.
- Opt to share the new search widget with other Platform users by checking the appropriate boxes in the Share With list.
- Select the Save & Exit button to finalize the changes. The new search widget will display at the bottom of the Quick Links menu.
- The Preview Search Count option allows your button to display a count of search results for the search or report it links to. This option can be enabled or disabled when creating a new button or when editing it later.
- Buttons that link to searches or reports with no results will be grayed out.
The Metrics Dashboards allow all users to see high-level metrics pertaining to specific areas of their talent acquisition continuum. The summarized information displayed gives users a glimpse into the massive amounts of data contained within their system, and is available across all access groups. These are separate from the user's personal Dashboard.
Metrics Dashboards may be accessed by clicking the Metrics Dashboard icon from the Platform menu bar.
- Connect, Recruit, and Onboard feature several types of metrics, such as Portal, People, Workflow, and Email Campaigns (Connect only). To access these specific metrics, click a product name from the list displayed on the left of the Metrics Dashboard screen, and then select one of the options listed at the top of the relevant Dashboard page to the right.
- Users cannot configure or rearrange panels or widgets found on any Metrics Dashboard.
- Widgets found on the Metrics Dashboards report results without Search Locks, meaning all users will see the same summarized information display in these widgets even if they do not have access to some columns, filters, or data that the search would normally return. However, when running a search through a widget, the search will be run with the logged-in user's permissions, and results are limited to that user’s Search Locks. Users who do not have the appropriate permissions will see the following warning: “No results were found. Based on your permissions, actual search results may differ from the original graph or metric.”
- Access to Metrics Dashboards can be enabled or disabled on a per-login group basis.
- Selecting a particular group on the graph will also show the report with that group expanded and all others collapsed.
- Users can filter the search results for some metrics according to particular timeframes, such as Last Year and 1st Quarter. To do so, select one of the options from the drop-down menu in the upper-left corner of applicable charts.
- If you would like to limit user groups' access to the Metrics Dashboard, please contact iCIMS Technical Support for assistance.
Working with Dashboards CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for working with Dashboards includes the following articles and videos. The following icons denote each type of resource:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar