By navigating to the Email Campaigns section of the Platform (Communicate > Create/Manage Email Campaigns), users can monitor and update email campaigns and recipient lists (for additional information on creating and managing email campaigns and recipient lists, please refer to the Creating and Managing Email Campaigns & Recipient Lists in iCIMS Connect article.)
Within the Email Campaigns area, users have access to the following tabs: Campaigns, Upcoming Schedule, Recipient Lists, and Reports. This article provides an introduction to the capabilities available within each of these tabs.
The Campaigns TabThe Campaigns Tab provides users with the ability to view all of their Email Campaigns. Users are able to filter campaigns by their category (All, Career Opportunities, Events, Newsletters, and Other) and statuses (All, Active, Paused, and Archived). By default, only Active email campaigns will display.
Users can view each campaign’s Name, Recipient List, Occurrence, Expiration (will not display a value for Paused and Archived campaigns), Last Run Date, and Created By information.
After those six columns, the following icons will be available: View this campaign’s reports, Pause/Resume, Archive, and Edit. See chart below for more detail.
- Filter by Category: Allows the user to filter campaigns by category.
- Filter by Status: Allows the user to filter campaign by status.
- Create Campaign: Allows the user to create a new email campaign. Please refer to the Creating and Managing Email Campaigns & Recipient Lists in iCIMS Connect article for more information.
- Name: The name of the email campaign.
- Recipient List: The name of the recipient list used for the email campaign.
- Occurrence: The reoccurrence for the email campaign.
- Expiration: The expiration setting for the email campaign. This can be on a specific date or after a certain number of emails.
- Last Run Date: The last time an email went out for this email campaign, if applicable.
- Created By: The user who created the email campaign.
- Icons: These icons allow the users to perform a number of actions, described below.
- View this campaign’s reports: Redirects the user to the Reports tab, where the reports for that specific email campaign will be displayed.
- Pause: Allows the user to pause an email campaign. Selecting this button temporarily stops an email campaign, allowing users to skip scheduled emails if necessary.
- (Not Pictured) Resume: Allows the user to resume a previously paused email campaign. Resuming a campaign will launch the email campaign wizard, allowing the user to make any necessary changes before the campaign begins again. This icon will only appear if a campaign is paused.
- Archive: Allows the user to permanently stop an email campaign. Selecting this button discards all future scheduled emails. Emails that have already been sent will be saved for reporting purposes.
- Edit: Redirects the user to the Email Campaign Wizard, which allows them to edit the campaign.
The Upcoming Schedule TabThe Upcoming Schedule Tab allows users to view the upcoming schedule for their campaigns, as well as to edit emails that are scheduled to go out at a future date. Active email campaigns will have up to 5 upcoming scheduled emails available to edit; if there are fewer than 5 emails remaining in a campaign, then all the remaining scheduled emails will be available.
- Filter by Category: Allows the user to filter the upcoming email schedule by category.
- Filter by Campaign: Allows the user to filter the upcoming email schedule by campaign.
- Date: The date the email is scheduled to go out.
- Time: The timeframe the email will be sent out.
- Name: The name of the campaign.
- Recipient List: The name of the recipient list for the campaign.
- Update Date: The date the email was last updated. If this column is blank, the scheduled email has not been edited, and it will use the default email template set up in the Email Campaign Wizard.
- Edit: Allows the user to edit the specific email indicated. (Note: Most scheduled emails, such as Newsletters and Events emails, should be individually edited before going out in order to remain current and relevant to candidates.)
The Recipient Lists TabThe Recipient List Tab allows users to create and run search criteria to build recipient lists for campaigns. When there are recipient lists configured, the Recipient List Tab will display information about these lists.
- Create Recipient List: Allows the user to create a new recipient list. Please refer to the Creating and Managing Email Campaigns & Recipient Lists in iCIMS Connect article for more information.
- Name: The name of the recipient list. All default recipient list names begin with “Default:”
- Type: The type of search on which the recipient list is based. Possible types include Person, Recruiting Workflow, and Sourcing Workflow.
- Description: The description of the recipient list provided by its creator.
- Created By: The user who created the recipient list.
- Edit and Delete Icons: Clicking the Edit icon will bring the user to the recipient list preview page, where they can make changes and re-save the list. Clicking the Delete icon will prompt the user to confirm that they want to delete the list by clicking OK.
The Reports TabThe Reports Tab provides users with valuable metrics that allow them to view the success of an email campaign and compare it to other campaigns. By default, the Reports Tab will display statistics for all Categories/Campaigns together; however, users will have the ability to filter by Category (displaying totals within a given Category) and Campaign (displaying totals for that selected Campaign). Archived campaigns will be available within the Campaign dropdown.
- Filter by Category: Allows the user to filter reports by category
- Filter by Campaign: Allows the user to filter reports by campaign name.
- Email Campaign Statistics: A multi-series chart that features the number of sent, delivered, opened, and clicked emails over a period of time.
- Open Rate (%): A bar chart featuring the percentage of total number of emails opened vs. delivered over a period of time.
- Click Rate (%): A bar chart featuring the percentage of total number of clicks vs. total number of opens over a period of time.
- In the Past 90 Days, There Were…: A factoid featuring the number of bounces, number of applies, and number of hires.
- Users can view the results of a specific email campaign by clicking on data points inside each chart or by clicking the graph icon next to the campaign name on the Campaigns Tab.
- Changing the time frame for email campaign charts will reflect on the search form if the user clicks into the full search results. Changing the Campaign Name and Category filters will not reflect on the search form, even though the results of the search will take these filters into account.
- Users can also access these reports on the Metrics Dashboard for Connect Email Campaigns. However, users cannot filter reports by category and campaign from the Metrics Dashboard.
Additional Resources for iCIMS Connect Users
iCIMS has created a series of articles to assist iCIMS Connect users in creating talent pools and events, managing passive candidates, configuring portals in Kiosk mode, and creating email campaigns.
The curriculum for iCIMS Connect includes the following articles:
- Creating and Posting a Talent Pool in iCIMS Connect
- Managing Candidates in a Connect Talent Pool
- Importing Candidates into iCIMS Connect
- Creating and Managing Events in iCIMS Connect
- Using and Configuring Kiosk Mode for iCIMS Connect
- Introduction to iCIMS Connect: Email Campaign Tabs (this article)
- Creating and Managing Email Campaigns & Recipient Lists in iCIMS Connect
- Managing User Group Permissions for Connect Email Campaigns