OverviewUser admins have the ability to control many aspects of the iCIMS Talent Platform without having to make requests via the iCIMS Technical Support. Many administrative tasks take place in System Configuration, which gives user admins the ability to make edits and additions to the iCIMS Talent Platform, such as creating profile tabs, adding sections to profile tabs, adding fields to profile sections, adding profile lists, and updating workflows.
The left side of System Configuration always displays a search box (to locate fields and settings in System Configuration), as well as a navigation pane, featuring all iCIMS products and integrations, as well as some important features. Each of these items will have a status—Learn More, Train, or Configure—which will determine what actions a user admin can take.
- Learn More: An item with the Learn More status has not been purchased; clicking it will bring the user admin to the Learn More Tab, which houses educational content describing that particular product, integration, or feature (if applicable).
- Train: An item with the Train status has been purchased and may be currently in implementation. Clicking it will bring the user admin to the Training Tab, which houses training content for that product, integration, or feature (if applicable).
- Configure: An item with the Configure status is currently on (or is currently in implementation). Clicking it will bring the user admin to the Configure tab, which houses configuration settings for that product, integration, or feature.
When a user admin clicks on an item with a Configure status, they are brought to the Configure Tab by default. For this reason, the steps throughout the articles linked below will assume that all products have a Configure status. (Note: neither the Learn More Tab nor the Train Tab are used in the steps throughout these articles.)
User Admin CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for user admins is split into four sections: Working in System Configuration, Managing Libraries, Managing Users & Profiles, and Managing Scheduled Reports. It includes videos and articles, with each type of resource denoted by the following icons:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar
Working in System Configuration
- iCIMS400: User Admin Access: System Configuration
- Introduction to System Configuration (this article)
- Searching for Fields and Settings
- Configuring the Other Menu on the Platform Menu Bar
- Adding and Editing Profile Tabs
- Adding and Editing Profile Tab Sections
- Adding and Editing Fields
- Reordering Profile Tabs
- Pinning a Tab to the Recruiting Workflow Profile
- Configuring Profile Lists
- Creating and Editing Global Approval Lists
- Editing Career Portal Notifications
- Updating Portal Pages
- Updating General and Mobile Settings for Career Portals
- Creating a New Recruiting Workflow Status
- Setting up Forced Recruiting Workflows
- iCIMS410: User Admin Access: Managing Libraries
Managing Users & Profiles
- iCIMS420: User Admin Access: Managing Users & Profiles