OverviewClients using iCIMS Connect can import candidates into the system using a CSV-formatted spreadsheet containing up to 50 columns.
The following fields are available for import: First Name, Last Name, Home Phone, Email, Home Street, Home Street 2, Home City, Home State, Home Country, Home Zip, Home County, Willing to Relocate, Years of Experience, Source, Source Name, Education, School, Degree, Major, GPA, End Date, Start Date, Professional Experience, Title, and Employer.
Note: Fields on the Person Profile that are marked as required for the import must be included for a successful import. The required fields will be displayed on the Map Fields screen, shown below in step 4.
Importing Candidates into iCIMS Connect
Warning: Person Import within iCIMS Connect will only import and create new Person Profiles. Updates to existing Profiles will not be made, and duplicates will not be imported into the system. Attempting to import a duplicate will yield a Finished with Error(s) status.
- From the menu bar, select Create, then select Person Import from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Choose File button to locate the file on your computer; select the correct file and then click Open.
- Click the Import button to import the file. Your import will be added to the scheduled list and will begin immediately.
- Adjust field mappings on the Map Fields screen, if necessary, and click the Start Import button, located at the top right.
- Warning: Fields on the Person Profile that are required for the import must be included for a successful import. Fields that are required and not selected will be indicated with a yellow warning icon and the Start Import button will also be unavailable until resolved. Required fields may vary based on individual system and user settings.
- Tip: If your .CSV file imported successfully yet has a Pending status in the Import History Log, click the Refresh button at the top right. The status should change to Finished.
- Select the View people brought in through this import icon that is displayed in the Results column to view all successfully imported candidates in a search results view.
- Select the checkbox to the left of each desired candidate and use the Submit to Workflow button to submit one or more candidates to a workflow, such as a Talent Pool.
Additional Resources for iCIMS Connect Users
iCIMS has created a series of articles to assist iCIMS Connect users in creating talent pools and events, managing passive candidates, configuring portals in Kiosk mode, and creating email campaigns.
The curriculum for iCIMS Connect includes the following articles:
- Creating and Posting a Talent Pool in iCIMS Connect
- Managing Candidates in a Connect Talent Pool
- Importing Candidates into iCIMS Connect (this article)
- Creating and Managing Events in iCIMS Connect
- Using and Configuring Kiosk Mode for iCIMS Connect
- Introduction to iCIMS Connect: Email Campaign Tabs
- Creating and Managing Email Campaigns & Recipient Lists in iCIMS Connect
- Managing User Group Permissions for Connect Email Campaigns