The iCIMS Talent Platform makes it simple for users to export search results and reports on an as-needed basis to make information easily accessible.
Exporting Search Results and Reports
- Navigate to a search form and enter all desired search criteria, or open a saved search template. (Refer to the steps within Creating a Job Search, Creating a Person Search, or Creating a Recruiting Workflow Search articles for example criteria and the steps to add these criteria for three of the most popular types of searches.)
- Select the More button, then select Export to download the search results as a report.
- The Export button may display at the top of your Search Results (rather than in the More dropdown), depending on the number of actions you have access to and your screen size.
- If you do not wish to download all results for the search, select the appropriate option within the Select dropdown (e.g., All on Page) to manage which results to download.
Alternately, use the check boxes to the left of each individual result to export only the items you specify.
- If your search output has groupings, select Export All Levels and click the Export button to export all search results. If your search result does not have groupings, choose the desired format and then click Export.
- For Grouped Outputs: Levels pertain to the grouping that has been applied to your search results. For a high-level view, such as a list of just hiring managers from our example, select Export 1 Level Only. For a more detailed view and more data, select additional levels.
- For Non-Grouped Outputs: Reports that do not have groupings may be exported in additional formats beyond Excel, such as CSV, TAB (tab-delimited), and XML.
- The Export popup will display a loading message while the file is generated. (If you would not like to wait on this screen, click Close and Email When Ready, and a link to download the file will be emailed to you when it is generated. This link will only be active for 7 days and may only be accessed for download by the user who initiated report while the user is logged into the system.) If you choose to wait on this screen, select Download File to open or save the file once the file is prepared.
- Tip: Up to five search exports may take place at any given time.
- Open the downloaded report in Microsoft Excel (or an alternate appropriate third party tool). The export may then be saved locally, printed, and emailed to others.
Searching & Reporting Introductory CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for searching and reporting includes the following articles and videos. The following icons denote each type of resource:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar
- iCIMS225: Basic Reporting: Job & Person Searching
- Introduction to Searching & Reporting
- Creating a Job Search
- Introduction to Searching & Reporting: Filters & Subgroups
- Saving Search & Output Templates
- Exporting Search Results & Reports (this article)
- Common Searches & Reports
- iCIMS250: Reporting Next Steps: Recruiting Workflow Searching