OverviewThe Appointments feature of the iCIMS Talent Platform tracks date and time details for scheduled appointments such as phone screens and interviews. Platform users can create and edit general and shared appointments, as well as share appointments to their corporate calendars. All users, including user admins, recruiters, and hiring managers, can use the calendar and appointment setting tools.
Organizations using Google Calendar, Microsoft Office 365, or Microsoft Exchange 2010 or 2013 have the option to enable a Calendar Availability View providing insight into attendee free/busy time from an external corporate calendar within the Platform. For additional information, please refer to the Configuring Calendar Availability View article.
Creating an Appointment or InterviewUsers can create appointments from several areas within the Platform. The following instructions demonstrate how to create a new appointment associated with a particular person.
- Select the Schedule Tab on a Person or Recruiting Workflow Profile and then click the Schedule Appointment button.
- Begin the appointment creation process in the Schedule Appointment (or Schedule Interview) window. This window will allow the user to determine the timing, subject, location, description, category, and more for the appointment by updating the relevant appointment fields. Review the information about these options and fields in the list below.
- Time Zone: Schedule appointment times in a preferred time zone. (Note: The time zone selection is meant only to aid the user scheduling the appointment; all invited attendees will receive times in their own time zone (as determined by the attendee’s computer’s time zone setting).)
- Attendees: Manage required and optional attendees in the Attendees column. Each attendee’s name and title displays in this column, as well as their current timeslot, an Attendance Optional checkbox, and a Delete Attendee icon. Additional information available in the steps below.
- Calendar View: Utilize a calendar view to schedule appointments. Additional information available in the steps below.
- Propose Times: Allow candidates to self-schedule their interviews from a selection of times. (For more information, see the Using the Self-Scheduling Feature article.)
- Subject: Set the subject line for the appointment message.
- Location and Rooms: Allow users to create or associate rooms with the appointment. The Location field text may be edited to reflect alternate location information, such as corporate address.
- Template: Leverage an existing email template, if desired.
- Description: Edit the body of the message that is sent to appointment attendees. Add Variables allows the user to add additional variables to the message.
- Category: Set the appropriate category for the appointment, if desired.
- Reminder: Send a reminder alert to attendees prior to the appointment.
- Private: Select Private to mark the calendar invite sent to recipients as “private” on their calendars in Outlook, Google, etc.
- Include Attendee Details: Select whether all recipients should receive an overview of all attendees and time slots as part of the message.
- Attachments: Attach relevant documents to the appointment before sending. (Appointments initiated from some areas of the Platform allow users to specify which attendees should receive each attachment. For more information, see the tips below this section.)
- To add a room to the appointment (optional), click the Add a Room dropdown list. Begin typing the name of the desired room, then click to select the desired room. Repeat this process as necessary.
- Tip: Select the – Create Room – option, if available, to create a new room.
- To add additional attendees to the appointment, click the Add an Attendee dropdown list. Begin typing the name of the desired attendee, then click to select the desired individual.
- Tip: Only people whose email status is confirmed, untested, or autoreplied are available from the attendee picker. People whose emails have previously bounced will not be available.
- Once all desired attendees have been added, click the Calendar View icon (optional) to trigger the Calendar View, which assists with scheduling.
- While viewing Calendar View (if accessed in Step 5), assign time slots by adjusting the blue time slots for each attendee and room. When all times have been assigned correctly, click the Calendar View icon again to return to the Schedule Appointment window.
Note: The screenshot above shows a Platform with Calendar Availability View enabled.
The blue boxes represent the appointment time; the red boxes represent times that an attendee is busy.
- If the associated person has a bounced email address, their name will not display within the Attendees section. This is because individuals with bounced email addresses cannot receive appointments and emails.
- Appointments created with an associated person do not allow that person’s time slot to be edited individually. That person’s scheduled time slot is tied to the duration of all other attendees’ time slots, spanning from the earliest start time to the latest end time.
- Complete any additional desired fields, then click Send to schedule the appointment.
- The newly-created appointment (or interview) will display on the calendar of all attendees. Each individual attendee will receive an emailed invitation for their specific time slot.
- Appointments and interviews initiated from many areas of the Platform, including the Person or Recruiting Workflow Profile, the Job Profile’s People Tab, and Recruiting Workflow search results, may include attachments that are sent only to select attendees. Users are able to select from the following options when sending attachments in these appointments:
- Everyone: This option sends the attachment to all attendees.
- Exclude Associated Attendee: This option is displayed as “Exclude [Name],” where [Name] is the name of the candidate whose profile the appointment was initiated from (e.g., Exclude Emily Carson); when selected, all attendees except the associated attendee will receive the attachment.
- Associated Attendee: This option is displayed as the name of the candidate whose profile the appointment was initiated from (e.g., Emily Carson); when selected, only the associated attendee will receive the attachment.
- Other: This options allows the user to select one attendee from the list of current attendees; the selected attendee will receive the attachment, and the others will not.
- To create an appointment for an Interview within the People Tab of a Job Profile, select the name or names of the candidates by selecting the checkbox to the left of the name column, and then click the Schedule Interview button from the More Actions menu.
Creating a General Appointment
- Click the Communicate item on the menu bar and then select Schedule Appointment.
- Proceed with steps 2-8, above.
Editing an Appointment or InterviewPlease note that to follow the steps below, you must be the appointment’s creator or have permissions to edit others’ appointments.
- Navigate to the Schedule Tab on a Person or Recruiting Workflow Profile.
- Click an existing appointment that you would like to edit. A small summary popup will display.
- Click the Edit link, available on the bottom right of the summary popup.
- Make any necessary edits, and click the Send button.
- Within the Send Updates popup, select all attendees who should receive the updated appointment.
- New attendees may be added to appointments using the Add an Attendee dropdown list and then clicking Send.
- To save updates without sending updated information at this time, click the Save button. Please note that recipients will not receive updated information if you save, but do not send updates.
- Select Communicate from the menu bar, and then select View Calendar. (Alternatively, navigate to the Schedule Tab on a Person or Recruiting Workflow Profile.)
- Click the Filter button and select one of the available options, if desired. This will narrow down the number of appointments visible on your calendar.
- The available filters are as follows:
- All: View all appointments.
- Accepted: Accepted appointments are indicated by the color green. Appointments where all participants have accepted will be shown if Accepted is selected as a filter.
- Declined: Declined appointments are indicated by the color red. Appointments where at least one participant has declined will be shown if Declined is selected as a filter.
- Tentative: Tentative appointments are indicated by the color purple. Appointments where at least one participant has replied “tentative” (and no participants have declined) will be shown if Tentative is selected as a filter.
- Undecided: Undecided appointments are indicated by the color blue. Appointments where at least one participant has yet to reply (and none have declined or responded tentatively) will be shown if Undecided is selected as a filter.
- Users can choose to view calendars in a daily, weekly, or monthly format by selecting one of the options available in the dropdown list located to the top right of the calendar.