OverviewThe iCIMS Talent Platform provides clients with a simple way to share specific jobs with the client’s preferred third-party staffing agencies to encourage agency candidate submission. Clients can provide their vendors or agencies with Agency Portal access, enabling the agency users to view a client’s available jobs and submit candidates for consideration with open positions.
Important Warnings and Tips:
- If you are unable to complete the steps below or access the Admin menu, please speak with your user admin or contact iCIMS Technical Support.
- "Agency" might be termed "Vendor" in your system, depending on your organization's Platform configuration.
Adding an Agency Company to the Agency Group ListThe following steps detail how to add an agency company to the Agency Group list in the Platform, which displays by default on the Manager Tab of an agency contact’s Person Profile, associating them with the agency company. Adding an agency company to the Agency Group list will allow you to post jobs easily to an entire agency.
Once this has been added, you will be able to add a specific contact for that agency to the Agency Group list, as described in the following section of this article (Adding an Agency Contact to the Agency Group).
- Select Admin from the menu bar, and then select System Configuration from the dropdown menu.
- Click Staffing Agencies on the left menu. Then, select Global Settings from the list of options on the right.
- Beside the Modify Agency Groups key, select the Edit List option.
- Within the Vendor Groups list editor window, review the current list of agencies. Click the Vendor Groups header so that it is highlighted in blue. Then, click the green Create new list item icon, located above the list, to add the new agency company.
- A new label, New Node, will appear at the top of the list. Enter the name of the agency company in the Label field and click Save. (After saving, you can exit the popup by clicking Cancel or by clicking the browser’s exit icon.)
- Within the Vendor Groups list editor window, select the name of the agency that you are adding a contact to so that it is highlighted in blue. Then, click the green Create new list item icon, located above the list, to add the new agency contact to that company.
- A new label, New Node, will appear at the top of the list. Enter the name of the contact in the Label field and click Save. (After saving, you can exit the popup by clicking Cancel or by clicking the browser’s exit icon.)
Creating an Agency Contact within the PlatformThe following steps demonstrate creating a new Hiring Manager Profile for an agency contact. (You must create a Hiring Manager Profile, and not a general Person Profile, in order to have access to the Manager Tab, which is necessary for later steps.)
If you already have a Hiring Manager Profile created for your contact, you can search for them using the Quick Search menu and begin with Step 3, below.
- Select Create from the menu bar, and then select Person from the dropdown menu. Finally, select Hiring Manager from the submenu.
- Enter the contact’s information into the First Name, Last Name, and Email fields. Click Next to continue.
- Select HM: Active Agency from the Person Folder dropdown menu. Complete additional fields if necessary.
- Enter the contact’s phone number by selecting the New button next to Phones in the Contact Information section. Then, in the Create New Phones Entry popup, select the number Type from the dropdown list and complete all necessary fields. Select OK to continue.
- Enter the contact’s Address by selecting the New button next to Addresses in the Contact Information section. Then, in the Create New Address Entry popup window, select the address Type from the dropdown list and complete all necessary fields. Select OK to continue.
- Select Finish to save all changes and view the completed profile.
- Select the Manager Tab on the newly-created agency contact Person Profile and click the Edit button. Then, in the Agency Group information field, select the correct agency group (or agency contact) by double-clicking the group name name (or group and contact name, e.g., “Siobhan’s Staffing Squad – Lucy Smith”) or by selecting the group name and clicking the Move icon.
- Tip: Depending on how your Platform is configured, this step may display while creating the agency contact’s Person Profile, meaning that you would not have to access and edit the Manager Tab after finishing the profile.
- Click Save to finalize all changes and return to the agency contact page.
Assigning an Agency Contact to an Agency Login GroupThe following steps demonstrate assigning a login group for an existing contact, which will allow them to access the Agency Portal, a simplified version of the iCIMS Talent Platform that allows agencies to view jobs assigned to them and submit their own candidates to those jobs.
Please note that you must have already created a contact in order to assign them to a login group; refer to the previous section of this article (Creating an Agency Contact within the Platform) for assistance.
- Search for an Agency contact by selecting Person from the Quick Search menu and typing his or her name.
- Select the Login Tab on the agency contact’s Profile and click the Edit button.
- In the Login Group dropdown menu, select Platform: Agency (Limited). Finally, select Save to finalize all changes.