Profile lists are found on several profiles throughout the system. They are standard lists for information like EEO categories and schools, which users can select from when creating a profile (in the Platform or on the Portal).
Note: The steps below show the process of updating lists, such as the Degrees, Majors, Schools, and Position Level lists, from the Admin > System Configuration > System > Lists page. However, the lists for many dropdown fields across the Platform, such as the Source (rcf3048) field located on the Cand. Details Tab of the Person Profile, may also be located elsewhere within System Configuration. Simply locate the field that you would like to edit the list options for (as described in the Adding and Editing Fields article), and then follow steps 3-7, below
Configuring Profile Lists
- From the menu bar, select System Configuration from the Admin menu.
- Select System from the left navigation menu, and then select Lists from the list of options to the right.
- Select Edit beside one of the lists to launch a popup window, on which you can modify the list.
- Ensure that the heading is highlighted and click the Create New List Item icon.
- Tip: New list items can only be added for the Global Group. After adding items, they can be configured per user group by selecting the necessary group from the User Group dropdown.
- Enter the new item name in the Label field.
- Click the No Selection link in the Alias field to add a new alias to this item, if necessary. Then, on the Attribute: Alias of popup, choose the appropriate alias and click Select.
- Tip: Aliases for profile list entries link similar options together. For example, “B.S.” might be an alias of the Bachelor of Science degree.
- Click the Save button to save all changes to the new entry.
- Click and drag list items to rearrange them manually.
- To sort the list items alphabetically, click the heading and then click the sort icon. Click Save button to save the changes.
- To hide a list item from a particular user group, follow the steps below:
- Select that group from the User Group dropdown.
- Select the list item to be hidden.
- Check the checkbox beside Hidden.
- Click Save to preserve your changes.
User Admin CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for user admins is split into four sections: Working in System Configuration, Managing Libraries, Managing Users & Profiles, and Managing Scheduled Reports. It includes videos and articles, with each type of resource denoted by the following icons:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar
Working in System Configuration
- iCIMS400: User Admin Access: System Configuration
- Introduction to System Configuration
- Searching for Fields and Settings
- Configuring the Other Menu on the Platform Menu Bar
- Adding and Editing Profile Tabs
- Adding and Editing Profile Tab Sections
- Adding and Editing Fields
- Reordering Profile Tabs
- Pinning a Tab to the Recruiting Workflow Profile
- Configuring Profile Lists (this article)
- Creating and Editing Global Approval Lists
- Editing Career Portal Notifications
- Updating Portal Pages
- Updating General and Mobile Settings for Career Portals
- Creating a New Recruiting Workflow Status
- Setting up Forced Recruiting Workflows
- iCIMS410: User Admin Access: Managing Libraries
Managing Users & Profiles
- iCIMS420: User Admin Access: Managing Users & Profiles