OverviewMany organizations use a system powered by iCIMS to support their hiring initiatives. Companies may request that candidates upload or record a short personal video to showcase why they are the best fit for a job. Please note that organizations may not request videos for all positions or candidates.
For information about applying for a job and managing your information, please see the full Candidate Guide to the iCIMS Talent Platform article.
Recording/Uploading a Video as a Candidate
- If a company to which you have applied would like you to submit a video, you will receive an email from the company requesting that you record a video. From within the email, click the Record your video! button to launch the video tool.
- Review the options available to you on the main page. Follow the steps for your preferred option below.
- Select Use Your Camera to record a two-minute (or shorter) video using your device. If prompted, click Allow to allow access to your camera and microphone while you record your video. Follow the on-screen instructions on the Use Your Camera screen to record and submit your video.
- If a camera is not detected, you will be presented with an error message and prompted to refresh the page.
- If your microphone does not pick up any audio, you will be presented with an error message and prompted to re-record your video.
- Select Upload From Your Computer to upload a pre-recorded video. Follow the on-screen instructions to browse your device and upload the correct video. (Note: The video must not exceed the 2 minute/500 MB restriction.)
- Tip: Candidates on Apple computers are encouraged to create a New Movie Recording in QuickTime and save it as an .mov file, then use the Upload From Your Computer method.
- A confirmation message will display, alerting you that your video submission was successful.
- If you experience technical difficulties or prefer not to provide a video, click No Video on the main page. You will be provided an opportunity to troubleshoot, elaborate on technical issues, or to opt-out of the video and provide a text response instead.
- If you access the Record your video! link from a mobile device, you will be presented with mobile-friendly recording options and messaging, though the same basic functionality will remain (depending your device/software version)
- Select Record or Upload to record a new video or upload an existing video from your device following the on-screen instructions.
- Select No Video to troubleshoot or elaborate on technical issues, or to opt-out of the video and provide a text cover letter instead.
- File types .flv and .mkv are currently unsupported. Attempting to upload a video in either of these file types will result in an error.