Once a tab has been added to a profile in the Platform, and at least one section has been added to that tab, a new field (or field group) can be added to it. (Note that a field cannot be added to a tab without at least one section. For more information, including steps to add a section to a tab, please review the Adding and Editing Profile Tab Sections article.)
Adding a Field to a Profile Tab SectionExample: In the steps below, a new field will be added to an existing section on an existing profile tab. For information about adding tabs, see Adding and Editing Profile Tabs; for information about adding sections, see Adding and Editing Profile Tab Sections.)
- Select a tab, and then select a section. Click the Add New Field button to launch the Add New Field window.
- Enter a name for the new field in the Label field.
- Select the field Type from the dropdown list.
- Tip: There are a variety of field types available to choose from depending on the type of data to be collected within the field. Field types may have unique configuration options to further specify how the data is collected and displayed. For more information on these field types, please review the About Custom Field Types section below.)
- Finish all required fields and click Add. (Required fields will vary according to the field type selected in the previous step.)
- Select the appropriate checkbox to set the field as Hidden, Required, or Read-Only on the profile, if desired. (For more information, please review the About Hidden, Required, & Read-Only Options section below.)
- Click the Save button to finalize the addition of the new field. (New fields are unavailable for use until saved.)
Each custom field type allows a different kind of data to be entered and stored within the iCIMS Talent Platform. Please review the following list for more information.
- Address: An Address field displays an address. This information includes the Company name, the address, and the Google Maps link.
- Currency: A Currency field has two parts: a currency designation (such as the yen or dollar) and a number amount.
- Date: A Date field allows a user to enter a date.
- Date & Time: A Date & Time field has similar functionality to a Date field. The difference is that Date & Time allows a user to enter time data in addition to the date.
- Decimal: A Decimal field is similar to Number. It still holds a number value, but unlike Numbers, the Decimal type allows for numbers with a decimal point, as well.
- Dropdown (Single-Select): A Dropdown (Single-Select) field allows a user to select a single option from a pre-configured dropdown menu.
- Dropdown (Single-Select List Options): A Dropdown (Single-Select List Options) field allows a user to select a single option from a pre-configured list.
- Dropdown (Multi-Select List Options): A Dropdown (Multi-Select List Options) field allows a user to select multiple options from a pre-configured list.
- Dropdown (Multi-Select Searchable List): A Dropdown (Multi-Select Searchable List) field allows a user to add special, hyperlinked values to a profile. Clicking one of these values runs a search for all profiles containing that value in that Dropdown (Multi-Select Searchable List) field. (Note that only users with Quick Search permissions enabled for the applicable profile will be able to click the values and access the search.)
- File: A File field allows a user to upload a file.
- HTML Editor: An HTML Editor field has a text editor that allows the use of HTML.
- Image: An Image field allows a user to upload an image.
- Number: A Number field stores an integer value without decimals.
- Profile Link (Location): A Location (or Company) Profile Link field displays a link to a specific Location profile. Clicking this link takes the user directly to that Location profile if this ability is enabled. Otherwise it only displays the location name without a link.
- Profile Link (Job): A Job Profile Link field links to a specific job profile. Clicking this link takes the user directly to that Job profile if this ability is enabled. Otherwise, it only displays the Job name without a link.
- Profile Link (Person): A Person Profile Link field links to a specific person profile.
- Profile Link (Other): A Profile Link (Other) field can link to either a specific Talent Pool profile or a specific New Hire Category profile.
- Salary: A Salary field has three parts: amount, currency (such as the yen, or dollar), and salary type (such as hourly, weekly, daily, etc.).
- Text Field: A Text Field stores a text value. The difference between Text Field and Text Area is that Text Field appears in the profile as a single line of text. Text Area appears as a multi-line block of text.
- Text Field (Email): A Text Field (Email) stores an email address. This field places an icon at the end that allows a user to email the address contained in this field by clicking it.
- Note that custom email fields can be used to store additional email addresses, but they cannot replace or work in conjunction with a profile's default Email field (i.e., when a user composes and sends an email in iCIMS, it is directed only to the email address in the default Email field, not to any custom email fields that may have been created in the system).
- Text Field (Password): A Text Field (Password) stores a password.
- Text Field (URL): A Text Field (URL) stores a URL.
- Text Area: A Text Area field stores a large text value. The difference between Text Field and Text Area is that Text Field appears in the profile as a single line of text, whereas a Text Area appears as a multi-line block of text.
The options for Hidden, Required, and Read-Only fields can be configured on a per-user group basis by choosing a group from the User Group dropdown list. About Hidden, Required, & Read-Only Options
- Selecting Hidden will hide the field.
- Selecting Required will require the field to be filled out.
- Selecting Read-Only will lock the field down so that it can be seen, but not edited, by users.
Editing Existing Fields
- Select Admin from the menu bar, and then select System Configuration.
- Select an appropriate option from the left menu (e.g., System or Recruit) and then select a profile from the list of options to the right (e.g., Person or Job).
- Select a tab, and then locate the field to be edited.
- Tip: Alternatively, skip steps 2 and 3 and instead search System Configuration for the field that must be edited. For more information about searching for fields in System Configuration, refer to the Searching for Fields and Settings in System Configuration article.
- Review the available options for the field, including the field label and hidden/required/read-only settings. For additional options, click the down arrow next to the field name, and then click the Edit Field Properties button.
- Click the Save button to finalize the changes to the existing field.
- The list of options for dropdown fields can be edited after clicking the Edit Field Properties option indicated above. (Some lists, such as degrees, majors, schools, and EEO categories can be also be configured elsewhere in System Configuration. For more information, please see Configuring Profile Lists.)
- To reorder fields within a section, click the grip icon to the left of the field name and drag the field to a new location. Then, click Save.
- To move a field to a new section (including sections on other tabs), expand the Actions menu (represented by the down arrow to the right of the field name and details), and then select Movie Field to Another Section. Then, select the new section and click Move. Then, click Save on the main System Configuration screen.
- For information about adding tabs, see Adding and Editing Profile Tabs; for information about adding sections, see Adding and Editing Profile Tab Sections.
User Admin CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for user admins is split into four sections: Working in System Configuration, Managing Libraries, Managing Users & Profiles, and Managing Scheduled Reports. It includes videos and articles, with each type of resource denoted by the following icons:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar
Working in System Configuration
- iCIMS400: User Admin Access: System Configuration
- Introduction to System Configuration
- Searching for Fields and Settings
- Configuring the Other Menu on the Platform Menu Bar
- Adding and Editing Profile Tabs
- Adding and Editing Profile Tab Sections
- Adding and Editing Fields (this article)
- Reordering Profile Tabs
- Pinning a Tab to the Recruiting Workflow Profile
- Configuring Profile Lists
- Creating and Editing Global Approval Lists
- Editing Career Portal Notifications
- Updating Portal Pages
- Updating General and Mobile Settings for Career Portals
- Creating a New Recruiting Workflow Status
- Setting up Forced Recruiting Workflows
- iCIMS410: User Admin Access: Managing Libraries
Managing Users & Profiles
- iCIMS420: User Admin Access: Managing Users & Profiles