User admins can add other Platform users to various login groups to grant or prevent access to specific information in the iCIMS Talent Platform. Hiring managers typically have limited access, without the ability to search or view jobs that do not pertain to them. (Recruiters can also have limited access, though users may need assistance from iCIMS Technical Support to set this up. Please contact iCIMS Technical Support for more information.)
Please note that the number of users available to you in each login group may be limited, depending on your company’s configuration and iCIMS contract.You can only place a person in a login group that has either unlimited or a minimum of one license remaining.
Adding or Removing Users from Login Groups
- Navigate to the Person Profile for the person who must be added to or removed from a login group.
- Select the Login Tab, and then click the Edit icon. (If you do not see the Login Tab at first, expand the More dropdown, and then select Login from the list.)
- Click the Login Group dropdown list to review all login groups. Then, select the login group that you would like to assign the person to.
- Tip: To remove a user from a login group, select the blank option at the top of the Login Group dropdown list.
- Click the Save button to confirm the change.
Adding Users to User ListsUser admins can also add other Platform users to various user lists. User lists are the lists of people that populate searchable dropdowns in the Platform, such as the Recruiter field on a Job Profile. A user list can be therefore be used to assign a job to a specific recruiter in the Platform, as well as for various other situations. Users within the Platform can be added to user lists on an individual basis.
The following steps describe how to add a recruiter in the Platform to the Recruiter user list, and then how to assign a job to that recruiter. The steps to add any Platform user to any other user list are similar.
- Navigate to the Person Profile of the recruiter you would like to add to the Recruiter user list. Select the Login Tab and click Edit. (If you do not see the Login Tab at first, expand the More dropdown, and then select Login from the list.)
- Within the selection of Available user lists, double-click Recruiter or click once and use the right arrow to move Recruiter to the Selected user list.
- Click Save to confirm the change.
- Navigate to the Job Profile that you would like to assign the recruiter to. Select the Detail Tab, and click Edit.
- Scroll down to locate the Assignment section. Click the Recruiter field to open the searchable dropdown list. The recruiter that you recently added to the Recruiter user list will be available in the dropdown to be selected.
- Click Save on the Job Profile to confirm the change.
User Admin CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for user admins is split into four sections: Working in System Configuration, Managing Libraries, Managing Users & Profiles, and Managing Scheduled Reports. It includes videos and articles, with each type of resource denoted by the following icons:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar
Working in System Configuration
- iCIMS400: User Admin Access: System Configuration
- Introduction to System Configuration
- Searching for Fields and Settings
- Configuring the Other Menu on the Platform Menu Bar
- Adding and Editing Profile Tabs
- Adding and Editing Profile Tab Sections
- Adding and Editing Fields
- Reordering Profile Tabs
- Pinning a Tab to the Recruiting Workflow Profile
- Configuring Profile Lists
- Creating and Editing Global Approval Lists
- Editing Career Portal Notifications
- Updating Portal Pages
- Updating General and Mobile Settings for Career Portals
- Creating a New Recruiting Workflow Status
- Setting up Forced Recruiting Workflows
- iCIMS410: User Admin Access: Managing Libraries
Managing Users & Profiles
- iCIMS420: User Admin Access: Managing Users & Profiles