OverviewThe Dashboard is the initial screen that all users view after signing into the iCIMS Talent Platform. The Dashboard allows for quick access to the reports and metrics that users rely on daily. For additional information about the Dashboard, please refer to the Introduction to the Dashboard article.
The Dashboard contains configurable Panels that assist with job and candidate management within the Platform. These panels display information within Search Widgets that present data to users using searches that have been previously created and saved within a user’s Platform. Dashboards can be configured globally, per-login group, or by the user for a personalized view.
Users must be given access on a per login group basis to be able to manage or configure their own Dashboard. By default, hiring managers and vendors do not have access to make configurations to their Dashboard. User admins can manage Dashboard configurations for any login group.
Adding and Editing Panels and WidgetsWarning: Not all user groups will have access to add Dashboard panels and/or to customize panels’ personal & global settings. Please speak with your user admin for assistance.
- From the Dashboard, select Report on the menu bar and select Manage Dashboards from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Dashboard option on the left side menu, and then click the green Create a new item icon to add a new panel.
- While the Dashboard option is selected on the left side menu, users can modify the Column Layout of the Dashboard by selecting the desired alternative from the dropdown menu that displays on the right side of the screen.
- The folders that may appear within Dashboard are all panels currently built for the Dashboard.
- A new panel, titled New Panel, will be added to bottom of the Dashboard submenu, and settings will display on the right. Enter a title for the new panel in the Name field.
- Select Search Preview from the Type dropdown. Modify the other settings as desired and select Save.
- To hide a panel, check the box beside Invisible. To unhide that panel, uncheck the box. This can be changed after the panel is created, allowing you to hide panels that you no longer wish to see.
- The panel Type will determine the types of widgets that may be created and housed on the panel. (For example, only search preview widgets can be placed onto a search preview panel.) This cannot be changed after the panel is created.
- The panel’s Screen Position determines where on the Dashboard it will display. This can be changed after the panel is created.
- Check the box beside Allow Others to Edit if you would like other users to be able to edit your panel. This can be changed after the panel has been created.
- Check the boxes beside the user groups that should have access to your panel in the Share With section (such as your Hiring Managers or other Recruiters). This can be changed after the panel has been created.
- With the new panel still selected (i.e., highlighted in the Dashboard list to the left of the Manage Dashboards screen), click the green Create new item icon to add a widget to the panel.
- A new widget will be added to the Dashboard submenu. Give your widget a Name and select the Search Template that the widget will display. (Notice that the widget type has been automatically selected based on the panel type.)
- Note: Search templates must be created and saved within the Platform before they can be added to the Dashboard as widgets on panels.
- Modify the other settings as necessary and select Save & Exit. Your Dashboard will display; review your panel and the widget it contains on your Dashboard.
- To add additional widgets to your panel, click Save (instead of Save & Exit) and return to Step 5 in the instructions above.
- To hide a widget, check the box beside Invisible. To unhide the widget, uncheck the box.
- The widget Type is predetermined by the panel type; it cannot be changed.
- The options available will vary by widget type. For example, in a Search Preview widget, users can choose the Number of Rows, Number of Columns, and whether or not to Show Column Titles. Some searches will also allow for Date Filters.
- The Date Filter option filters the data by a particular setting, such as Updated Date or Created Date.
- The Date Filter – Default Time Range option determines the date range restriction for data, such as This Year or 1st Quarter.
- Check the box beside Allow Others to Edit if you would like other users to be able to edit your widget. This can be changed after the widget has been created.
- Check the boxes beside the user groups that should have access to your widget in the Share With section (such as your Hiring Managers or other Recruiters). This can be changed after the widget has been created.
Editing Panels and Widgets on the DashboardUsers can make some changes to the way panels and widgets are displayed directly from the Dashboard. Review the following image for more information.
Tip: Users must hover over the top row of a panel (the bar where its name appears) in order to view all options shown above.
Working with Dashboards CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for working with Dashboards includes the following articles and videos. The following icons denote each type of resource:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar