Chart panels enable users to view job statistics, organize saved searches, and view graphs of frequently-used reports. An animation displays to product each graph when users log into the Platform and each time that the Dashboard is refreshed.
For an introduction to the Dashboard, please refer to the Introduction to the Dashboard article.
Accessing Chart Panels
Chart panels enable users to view job statistics, organize saved searches, and view graphs of frequently-used reports. An animation displays to product each graph when users log into the Platform and each time that the Dashboard is refreshed.Chart panels also allow the user to easily view the underlying search results. From the Dashboard, select the search title for any existing chart to open its full report, as shown in the image below. This will display the full report on the subsequent screen. (Alternatively, click a particular group on the graph to show the report with that group expanded by default and all others collapsed.)
Editing Chart Panels
- From the Dashboard, identify the chart panel to edit. Select the arrow in the upper-right corner of the panel and select the Edit icon to edit the panel or add a search widget.
- Modify the panel as necessary. Click the green Create new item icon to add an additional widget to the panel.
- Configure the new widget to display in the panel by establishing the Personal Settings and Global Settings for the new widget. (For more information, refer to the list below.)
Click the Save & Exit button to save all changes and return to the Dashboard.
- Personal Settings:
- Invisible: Determines whether the search will appear on the panel. Select the checkbox to hide the widget or leave the box unchecked to display the data.
- Global Settings:
- Name: Displays the chosen name of the search in the widget. Type a name in the field.
- Type: The widget type is automatically set to Chart and cannot be altered.
- Show Title: Determines whether the title you entered in the Name field will display. Select the checkbox to show the title or leave the box unchecked to hide the title.
- Search Template: Determines which search template will be used to display the data on panel. Select the appropriate search template from the dropdown menu.
- Summarized Data: Determines which data set will be pulled from the selected saved search. Select the data set from the dropdown menu if available.
- To create a Multi-series chart, select more than one of the items listed in the Summarized Data section. (For a sample multi-series chart, see the image in the relevant Tip below.)
- The process to select multiple items will depend on your operating system; holding Control (PC) or Cmd (Mac) while clicking each desired item is the most common method to select multiple items.
- Chart Type: Determines how the data will be displayed on the panel. Select the chart type and orientation preferred.
- A donut chart will show up to two levels of grouping from the Search Template. The center shows the first level of grouping while the outer ring shows the second level of grouping.
- Multi-series charts will show up to four levels of grouping from the search template. Multi-series charts can only be made from bar, line, scatter, and time series charts.
- Sort Order: Determines how the groups are sorted according to their results count. Options include Ascending, Descending, and Default. (Note: The sort order dropdown will be disabled for and have no effect on multi-series charts.)
- Item Limit: Determines the maximum number of groups that display on the chart.
- Date Filter: Filters the data by a particular setting, such as Updated Date or Created Date
- Date Filter – Default Time Range: Determines the date range restriction for data, such as This Year or 1st Quarter
- Allow Others to Edit: Determines whether other users can edit the widget.
- Share With: Determines whether other user groups can access the widget.
Working with Dashboards CurriculumThe iCIMS introductory curriculum for working with Dashboards includes the following articles and videos. The following icons denote each type of resource:
- : Article
- : Learning Clip
- : Chaptered Video
- : Training Webinar