Users with permissions to do so can compose email from the iCIMS Talent Platform, which are sent to users external mailboxes as well as stored on their Person Profiles within the system. The following steps provide a high-level overview of accessing your personal mailbox and email messages, but the steps are similar to view others' mailboxes and messages.
Accessing User Mailbox and Email Messages
- Access your profile in the Platform and navigate to the Email Tab. (Review the labeled screenshot and corresponding descriptions below for more information.)
- Compose Email: Click this button to launch the Compose Email popup and write a new email message.
- Mailbox: Click the grey arrow beneath the mailbox to view previews of conversation-style email messages between you and candidates or other users.
- Email Count: View the total number of conversations found in each mailbox.
- Sent: Click the grey arrow beneath the mailbox to view previews of email messages that you have sent out of the Platform.
- Search Results: Click the gray arrow on the far right of a panel to view detailed Contact Note search results based on that mailbox.
- Tip: You can print emails from the Contact Note search results screen.
- Shared: Click the gray arrow beneath the mailbox to view previews of email messages in which information from this profile has been shared.
- Note: The gray arrow will only appear beneath a mailbox if there are existing email messages within that mailbox.
- Click the gray arrow underneath the Mailbox panel with messages that you would like to review. The most recent emails will be at the top of the list, and the message preview will show the first 200 characters of the email.
- Note: If the message is part of a conversation chain, then the number of emails in that chain will also display.
- Click on a single message to see its complete contents or the entire conversation associated with it. Then, click the Reply button to launch your external email client and reply to an email using the external client.
- Click Back when you return to the Platform to return to your mailboxes.
- Attachments that are part of email messages are not hosted by iCIMS. While messages will always notify the user that an attachment was present, users will only be able to view the attachment in their personal email client (e.g., Outlook).
- Several tags may appear in a mailbox, including the following:
- When a recipient has been carbon copied, the CC tag will display
- When a recipient has been blind carbon copied, the BCC tag will display.
- When a recipient has been contacted as part of a mass email, the Mass Email tag will display.
- When a recipient has been contacted as part of an email campaign, the Email Campaign tag will display.
- If an email has been scheduled to go out using the delayed rejection email auto-launch Action, the Scheduled tag will display until the email has been sent.
- When a user clicks Reply to an email from within iCIMS, their external email client (e.g., Outlook) will open. If Bidirectional Email functionality is turned on in your system, both your email and the candidate’s email will still be tagged and archived in the iCIMS Talent Platform for the duration of the email conversation.
- Use the Delete button to delete a single message within a conversation thread. Note that this will only delete the email within the Platform and not from a user’s external email client.
Printing EmailsThe steps below describe printing emails found on the Person Profile Email Tab. For steps to print an email that you are currently composing, please see Composing Emails.
- Access the profile for which you would like to review and print emails, and navigate to the Email Tab.
- Click the gray arrow on the far right of a panel to view detailed Contact Note search results based on that mailbox.
- Select the checkbox beside all emails that you wish to print, and then click the Print Emails button.
- On the Print messages popup that displays, click the Print button and use the appropriate options on the dialog box that displays. (Note that the dialog box will vary based on your computer and printer.)
- Click the X or Cancel on the Print messages popup to close it.
Working with Email CurriculumiCIMS has created a series of articles to assist iCIMS users in composing emails and managing email templates successfully.
The iCIMS introductory curriculum for working with email includes the following articles:
- Accessing User Mailboxes and Email Messages (this article)
- Composing Emails
- Adding Attachments to Emails
- Using Email Variables
- Including Relational Recipients in Emails
- Creating and Editing Email Templates
- Resetting a Candidate's Email Status